Stargate News & Reviews
Stargate News facts:
- The Stargate fictional universe is originally based on the 1994 science fiction film Stargate. The following shows take place in this universe: Stargate SG-1 & Stargate Atlantis.
- The 1994 film was originally intended as the start of a film franchise, but creators Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin moved on to create Independence Day.
- A series of books were published from 1996 to 1999 that were sequels to the film. However, the subsequent TV series was an entirely different development and there was no attempt to reconcile the plot lines of the books and television episodes.
- The science fiction television series Stargate SG-1 first aired in 1997. Several novels are based on this story of this series.
- The science fiction cartoon television series Stargate Infinity first aired in 2002, but is not considered canon, so the other works that take place in the setting do not agree with its story and setting.
- The science fiction television series Stargate Atlantis (a spin-off of SG-1) first aired in 2004.
The Stargate News Service provides constantly updated information about Stargate Atlantis, the Stargate spin-off destined to become another SciFi channel staple.
If you have some Hot News about the science fiction genre, submit it below? All news reports and tidbits are welcome.
These two shows have a huge fandom, lots of information, devoted fans and tons of websites with fan fiction, information, discussions and photos.
Have A Great Story About Stargate Atlantis or Stargate SG-1?
Share it! Write up a short blurb about your event, review or news piece, and if it fits, we'll include it on our website.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...